THE SPIRIT OF MURANO
MAY 3 – SEPTEMBER 14
la Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista di Venezia
San Polo, 2454, Venezia
Seguso Vetri d’Arte proposes an installation that binds two generations of Seguso who work alongside, for the first time, on a collective oeuvre.
A work created by Pierpaolo with multitude of handkerchiefs in Murano blown glass, all engraved with small stories, poems and reflections by the artist Giampaolo who collects them as a careful guardian of the island so dear to him.
Murano. Community as an example of resilience in a constantly changing world.
Memorial installation to tell a story made of many stories, as a sign of life, testimony and thanksgiving end of a community.
The visit ends with the contribution by the visitor: a thought, a message written by hand in a real handkerchief, added to the installation that is meant to be open to the contribution of everyone, in order to encourage the positive contamination of the authentic spirit of Murano.
At the end of the exhibition all the glass handkerchiefs will be sold individually and the gain will be given to charity.
- The Spirit of Murano opening Exhibition
- GIAMPAOLO SEGUSO AT LOWE ART MUSEUM OF MIAMI
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE AGAIN ALONGSIDE THE TERRA DI SIENA FILM FESTIVAL
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE AN EVENT IN THE FURNACE CELEBRATES UNA DI LUNA, THE LATEST NOVEL BY ANDREA DE CARLO
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE FOR 16th INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION – LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA