The glass poet Giampaolo Seguso presents “The Song of Glass”, an installation comprising of a sasso (Italian Stone) sculpture projected with dramatic imagery inspired by his hometown, Venice. Exhibited at the Chrysler Museum of Art, the stationary hot-sculpted glass sculpture exudes a hypnotic rhythm against the backdrop of movement from the projected video envisioned by Franco Dragone.
Traditional glass techniques are juxtaposed against cutting-edge video technology in order to bring to life an exhibition celebrating artisanal Venetian glassmaking of the Seguso style, which has a heritage spanning over 6 centuries.
“Giampaolo Seguso – The Song of Glass” will be exhibited on the first-floor, at The Box.
“…the caress shows its sure gesture. It’s from there that I set out each day to reach the fire and my roots.”
Con questa Magia, Giampaolo Seguso, 2016
- GIAMPAOLO SEGUSO AT LOWE ART MUSEUM OF MIAMI
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE AGAIN ALONGSIDE THE TERRA DI SIENA FILM FESTIVAL
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE AN EVENT IN THE FURNACE CELEBRATES UNA DI LUNA, THE LATEST NOVEL BY ANDREA DE CARLO
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE FOR 16th INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION – LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA
- “Capri Revolution” wins the “Sfera 1932 Award” by Seguso Vetri d’Arte