The glass poet Giampaolo Seguso presents “The Song of Glass”, an installation comprising of a sasso (Italian Stone) sculpture projected with dramatic imagery inspired by his hometown, Venice. Exhibited at the Chrysler Museum of Art, the stationary hot-sculpted glass sculpture exudes a hypnotic rhythm against the backdrop of movement from the projected video envisioned by Franco Dragone.
Traditional glass techniques are juxtaposed against cutting-edge video technology in order to bring to life an exhibition celebrating artisanal Venetian glassmaking of the Seguso style, which has a heritage spanning over 6 centuries.
“Giampaolo Seguso – The Song of Glass” will be exhibited on the first-floor, at The Box.
“…the caress shows its sure gesture. It’s from there that I set out each day to reach the fire and my roots.”
Con questa Magia, Giampaolo Seguso, 2016
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE BRINGS BACK THE COMPASSO D’ORO AWARD TO MURANO AFTER THIRTY YEARS
- SEGUSO VETRI D’ARTE for BIENNALE CINEMA 2017
- THE SONG OF GLASS – I SASSI by GIAMPAOLO SEGUSO exhibited at the Chrysler Museum of Art, Virginia
- SEGUSO EXPERIENCE is elected the Attraction of the Year for Italy 2016
- SEGUSO AT MILANO FURNITURE FAIR 2017